Living with diabetes requires careful management, and one aspect that often gets overlooked is foot…
I’m not ashamed to admit that I love getting pedicures. They’re relaxing, they make my feet look great, and they’re a great way to spend time with friends. But as much as I love them, sometimes they can be expensive — especially when you need to go every week or so! That’s why I’ve put together this list of ways you can keep your heels looking good all summer long without breaking the bank.
Apply foot cream
Apply foot cream. MediHeel Foot Perfector with active healing ingredients is the perfect place to start. This cream will restore the skin on your feet, which can become dry and cracked when you wear heels all day long. Apply it before bed so that it has time to absorb into your feet while you sleep, then rinse off in the morning before applying your makeup as usual.
A few simple changes can help you get rid of cracked heels and keep them looking good over the summer.
There are a few simple changes you can make to your regular routine that will help you get rid of cracked heels and keep them looking good over the summer.
- Use a foot cream that contains glycolic acid. This will gently exfoliate your skin and remove dead skin cells, revealing healthy new ones underneath.
- Choose a callus remover instead of a foot file. Using a callus remover is much gentler on your feet than using a metal file, plus it helps to prevent excess skin from forming when removing too much skin.
- Always choose the MediHeel Pedicure from Elim when booking an appointment with one of our salon — they’re specially designed for people with specific foot issues like heel pain or cracked heels so they’ll always leave your feet feeling smooth and healthy!
Cracked heels can be embarrassing.
Cracked heels can be embarrassing. I don’t know about you, but I have experienced a time or two when I put on my favorite pair of heels and was mortified by the sight of my dry, cracked heels peeking out from under my shoes. And let’s not even talk about how painful it is to walk in those shoes all day long!
(I once had to go on a business trip and we were walking around all day long. My feet were killing me! I didn’t want to take off my pretty new sandals because they looked so cute, but then everyone would see how badly damaged my feet were.)
Cracked heels are not just a cosmetic concern—they can also cause discomfort and pain for sufferers, especially if left untreated for prolonged periods of time (such as throughout an entire workday).
Lack of moisture may lead to cracked heels.
Summer is a time for fun, but it is also a time when your feet can become dry and cracked. This is because during the hot months of summer, you are more likely to be spending time in your sandals or flip-flops, which means you are going to be exposing your feet to less moisture than they usually experience throughout the year. This lack of moisture may lead to cracked heels.
While this may seem like an inconvenience that you don’t need right now, keeping yourself moisturized can have benefits long after the summer ends. A foot cream like MediHeel Foot Perfector with active penetration actions will keep your skin healthier year round by helping protect against any damage caused by harsh weather conditions as well as other harmful agents such as bacteria (which thrive on dry skin).
Cracked heels are not just a cosmetic concern.
When you’ve got cracked heels, it’s not just your appearance that suffers. The cracks can also be painful and even lead to infections.
Cracked heels are usually caused by dry skin, which is usually a sign of decreased water consumption. If you don’t drink enough water and use moisturizer regularly, your feet will begin to crack as the skin dries out and splits in response to dehydration. This may also be a side effect of certain medications such as diuretics (which increase urination).
If you are diabetic and want to learn more on treatment cures for diabetic feet, you can read our article here.
You can give your feet the spa treatment of your dreams at home.
You can give your feet the spa treatment of your dreams at home. Here’s how to do it:
- Use the MediHeel Callus Remover @ home kit. It removes calluses, dead skin and hard flakes safely and effectively in just minutes, with no electricity needed! Just follow the directions on the box. This is a great choice if you need something fast and easy, but want something that will be gentle on your skin (and wallet). The best part? You get 10 treatments with this kit—enough for a year’s worth of foot care! And there are other options if you prefer something even simpler…
- Avoid using a file that causes overstimulation. If you don’t want to go through all of this trouble every day (or week), then consider using an antibacterial foot bath such as MediHeel Spa Additive instead. It’s effective without having too much work involved—just add some to warm water in your regular tub, soak those tired feet for about 15 minutes each night before bedtime for better results.* Use your MediHeel Pumice Sponge in the shower daily (no electricity needed!).* Try our newest product: MediHeel Intense Heel balm with silicon socks. They protect and lock in moisture where your feet need it most.
Use the right products, and you can have gorgeous summer feet!
So many women forget to take care of their feet, but with the right products and tools, it’s easy to keep your feet looking beautiful no matter how hot the weather gets.
The first step is to use a foot cream with the right actives. The most important ingredient in any foot cream is urea, which helps reduce dryness and rough skin by softening calluses. It also works well with salicylic acid since they are both keratolytic agents (meaning they dissolve dead skin cells), so if you have thickened skin on your heels or other areas like that, try using a product that has both of these ingredients in it—it will make them much softer!
Next up: pumice stones! Be sure not to overdo it while exfoliating though; I recommend using the stone every second day in the shower, depending on how hard your heels. Then again, if you really want all-over smoothness then go for it—you won’t regret having pretty little feet!
Learn more about how cracked heels are formed.
Cracked heels are a serious problem that many people struggle with. They can be embarrassing to deal with and can make you less confident about yourself. However, there are very simple ways to get rid of cracked heels and keep them looking good over the summer. Try the @home MediHeel Callus Remover Kit and Foot Perfector Combo.https://www.elimspaproducts.co.za/product/callus-kit-foot-perfector-combo-for-cracked-heels/
If you want to know more about getting your heels ready for summer you can read an article here.